Houston Mini Maker Faire connects you to the latest most-powerful tech with the VR (Virtual Reality) exhibit area. VR is forecast to be a game-changer in education, gaming, entertainment, design, engineering, and human-machine interface. Get an early and powerful glimpse into this potential future at Maker Faire! We will have systems and demonstrations available so you can get first-hand experiences with this innovative new technology — that means you can actually wear and experience the VR goggles in many of these exhibits. Planned exhibits include:
- Drone Flying Zone by Drone Parks Worldwide: while technically not 3D at the viewer, it’s very real high-action 3D at the camera (on the drone) so it’s an amazing fun experience! This near-VR “first-person view” experience is one of the top reasons so many people are flying drones — and you can do it too at Maker Faire! Click here for more info about Drones at Houston Mini Maker Faire.
- ExitusVR: combine multiplayer gaming with VR and you get — AWESOME!!! ExitusVR is a leader in the field and has the first and only multiplayer VR gaming room in Houston — and you can play a 2-person version of their games at Maker Faire! You’re welcome!
- Google Expeditions: If you’re wondering about the potential of VR for education enhancement, at scales ranging from single individuals to full classrooms, you need to experience Google Expeditions. It’s the VR system that’s ready for education settings now, including the largest library of true-VR content. It also provides great insight into what VR tourism will be like. This exhibition is made possible and managed by event sponsor Techno Chaos, and is a great experience for teachers, librarians, parents and students.
- The ITC Village: several VR developers will share their systems in this exhibit, in a collaboration with the Immersive Technology Conference (“ITC”) and the Houston VR Club. By the way, if you want to dive deeper into VR from a business, engineering, professional or education administration perspective, we highly recommend the ITC conference on 11/14-16 at the University of Houston; you can learn more from ITC event representatives at Maker Faire. Planned exhibits for Maker Faire include:
- Student developer Zale Bush and his own VR game “Dante’s Forest” on HTC Vive
- Glyphic Productions and their game “Grapply” on HTC Vive demo stations
- At least 2 demo stations from the Houston VR Club running various demo applications
- (Tentative) View the beta of the new Sheer Industries education app on Hololens VR