The Houston Mini Maker Faire is a TWO day event on Saturday 11/12 and Sunday 11/13/2016 (10 AM to 5 PM). Attendees can come for one or both days. The event will be indoors at the George R. Brown Convention Center (GRB) in downtown Houston. Click here for a Full Schedule of Events.
2016 Exhibitor Highlights (A full listing is coming soon) The Maker Exhibits with Makers, Activities & Stage will be held in Exhibit Hall A of the GRB. In addition to hands-on activities and demonstrations provided by makers and exhibitors within the Maker Exhibits we will have:
- HCC IDEAS Pitch Competition
- Power Up! Houston Hackathon
- Pitches and Highlights on the Maker Exhibit Stage
- Workshops in the Discovery Zone in the Maker Exhibit Hall
- Mega Meetups in Booth 1201A
- Power Up! Houston Networking Roundtables in Booth 1201B
- Speakers/Panel Sessions in Hall A Main Lobby
- EdCamp HMMF for Teachers & Librarians [Saturday only]
We promise there WILL be some good networking, great creations, learnings and activities for all ages. This is the 4th annual Houston Mini Maker Faire, and here are some highlights from the 2015 event to help you understand what Maker Faire is about:
Food: there will be a nice selection of basic food items available (such as pizza, hot dogs, nachos and popcorn), plus some spicy items like fajita tacos and Cuban sandwiches. Also soft drinks and bottled water. And the Starbucks on level 2 of the Convention Center will be open too!
Parking and Transportation: with the location at the GRB Convention Center, there’s a full range of options here. We encourage walk-ups and bike riding!